Welcome to our Blog!

My 10 year old daughter & I created LadyBug Restaurant Reviews to write about the restaurants we eat at from a parent/child perspective. Our ratings are for food, service, presentation, friendly waitstaff and overall experience. We rate on a 1 - 5 ladybug scale, with 5 ladybugs being the highest score. We hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment and give suggestions!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dickey's Barbecue Pit!

Sophia says: Tonight we went to a new restaurant that just opened a few days ago called Dickey's Barbecue Pit. We came here today because we have been watching it get ready to open and we got a flyer that said on Sundays kids eat for free. When we got there, it was pretty busy. There was a long  line because you order in line and then at the end of the line you get your food.We waited in line and walked around the restaurant for about 20 minutes. We waited so long  because they were out of everything! When we finally got our food we sat down and ate. The food was pretty good but the service wasn't. After dinner we got a free ice cream. I would come back but in a few months.

570 North Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View 650-933-4939











Josh says: Tonight we went to Dickey's Barbecue Pit!  When we got there, we got right in line. And it was a long line! I ordered a kid's plate that was a pork sandwich. I was going to get a chicken sandwich but they were out of them. We sat in the back and there were a lot of tables. My dinner was delicious and I got lemonade to drink. You get to pour it yourself. I didn't really eat my green beans because I forgot to. After dinner, my dad made me and my sister little ice creams for free!  And that was the best part for me. 

Paul says: The line was total chaos. The food was good but they were out of most everything. They have a nice room in the back but be prepared because if you eat there you will leave smelling like bbq smoke.

Jodie says:  Dickey's opened only 3 days ago and I don't think the staff was prepared for how popular it was going to be!  We got there at 5:30 and there was already a line that almost reached the door.  We waited about 25 minutes and when it was our turn to order they had run out of their bbq ribs, chicken and turkey.  They had ham, sausage and pulled pork left. Paul had the ham dinner and I had a baked potato. It's a little confusing to order because you order from a few different people and they were all really busy. We had fun making the ice cream cones and when we left there was another group of people waiting in line.

Food:  ***1/2
Service: **
Atmosphere: **
Overall:  



2 1/2 Ladybugs!
  
                


1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I am not a meat lover but I would definitely like to try a chicken sandwich ! Hope they don't run out of bbq chicken :-)

    ReplyDelete