Welcome to our Blog!

My 10 year old daughter & I created LadyBug Restaurant Reviews to write about the restaurants we eat at from a parent/child perspective. Our ratings are for food, service, presentation, friendly waitstaff and overall experience. We rate on a 1 - 5 ladybug scale, with 5 ladybugs being the highest score. We hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment and give suggestions!

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Basin!

Sophia says: Happy almost Valentine's Day Readers! Tonight we went to The Basin. My mom and dad have been there before and they said it was good so we went there for an early Valentine's Day dinner. When we got there, we were the first ones. We made reservations so we got seated quickly. The restaurant was smaller than I thought, but really cute and fancy.We ordered seafood gumbo, trout, steak and ribs. The seafood gumbo came first and we shared it and they brought each of us a little bowl. When I tried it, it was the best soup I had ever tasted. It was nice and hot and you could feel it running down your throat and it was so delicious! For dinner Josh and I shared ribs and they brought us each a plate. The ribs tasted more like pot roast but they were nice and tender. I tried some of my mom and dad's dinner and it was really good. Our waitress was super nice and someone came all of the time to fill our water and take away our plates. Before I knew it, it was time to go. We were too full for dessert because our food was very rich. I would definitely want to come back anytime and order the gumbo again!                                                                                                                                  


14572 Big Basin Way, SaratogaCA 95070 (408) 867-1906

our seafood gumbo




Josh says: Happy Early Valentines Day Readers! Tonight we to The Basin for a special dinner. When we got there, we sat down right away. And then we got some bread to eat. Then we ordered our food. We had seafood gumbo. It was kind of spicy for me but I liked it. For dinner I shared the ribs with my sister. And the ribs were good but too spicy for me. Especially the vegetables. I ate most of my dad's mashed potatoes instead. p.s. I asked him first! And we did not have any dessert because we were full. But we got girl scout cookies at home for dessert! I would really love to come back because it's a nice restaurant. 

Paul says: The Basin is a downtown Saratoga favorite! Every dish is perfectly made and seasoned. The staff is incredibly attentive and knowledgeable. I ordered the steak and it was amazing.  I would come back anytime. 

Jodie says:  This is one of my favorite special occasion restaurants. I had the trout with sauteed kale which was also amazing! I can't say enough good things about the food or the service. I would recommend The Basin to anyone looking to have a lovely and delicious evening out! 

Food: *****
Service: *****
Atmosphere: *****
Overall: 

5 Ladybugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment