Welcome to our Blog!

My 10 year old daughter & I created LadyBug Restaurant Reviews to write about the restaurants we eat at from a parent/child perspective. Our ratings are for food, service, presentation, friendly waitstaff and overall experience. We rate on a 1 - 5 ladybug scale, with 5 ladybugs being the highest score. We hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment and give suggestions!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Juban!

Sophia says: Last night we went to Juban with my grandma and grandpa! We call them Humma and Poppy. We made a reservation so we were seated quickly. In the restaurant, the booths have big tables with a hibachi grill built in. That is so you can cook your own food! I ordered a Shirley Temple to drink. The drink menu has a good selection of fun drinks for kids and a nice selection of drinks for adults. When I got my Shirley Temple it tasted good and also, the glass had a cool shape. For dinner, we ordered chicken thighs, prawns and chicken breasts. (Everything was raw) It was really fun to cook it ourselves because we got to use tongs to take the food on and and off the grill.  I also ordered rice. I felt that our waiter did not have a very energetic attitude. He seemed tired. When our food was done cooking, it was really good!  The restaurant got busier during the time we were there. As we ate, our waiter never came to check on us, we had to find someone. The bathroom was really clean and the restaurant was too. They had a dessert menu,  but we did not order anything because Poppy took us for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I would like to come back to Juban with my mom and dad.

            712 Santa Cruz Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025  (650) 473-6458











Josh says: Last night we went to dinner with my Humma and Poppy. They took us to Juban! I ordered orange juice and chicken.  The chicken was not cooked because we got to cook it ourselves. It was cool because you can cook your own dinner by using the grill on the table. The grill was safe, but it would burn you if you touched it. We used tongs to put our food on the grill. It took about 1 or 2 minutes to cook anything. I had a fun time and I wish you all a Merry early Christmas!

Humma says: We have been here previously and it's more fun to order a la carte insted of the price fixed dinners because they have a good meat, poultry and vegetarian variety to choose from. The enjoyable experience of cooking and eating your own food together is what makes Juban so fun and different.  For us, the joy was being able to go out with our grandchildren, who have such great manners and are fun to be with.  We'll definitely be back!

Poppy says:  It was an enjoyable dinner. The company was superb! I ordered chicken breasts and mixed vegetables. The best part was being with my family.

Food: ****
Service: **
Atmosphere: ****
Overall:
  3 1/2 Ladybugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment